Saturday, January 7, 2012

Charvin the Dragon flies in to celebrate the year of Dragon!

Introducing my first creation for the year 2012, Charvin the Dragon!

He is something that I have always wanted to make, I have told many friends last year and look! I have fulfilled another new year resolution! :)

This year is the year of Dragon, I want to make something gentle and kind, not those fierce looking dragons that you see on Chinese temples but more like an English dragon. Guys will still be guys, I am someone that really like mystical creations such as unicorns, goblins, elves and griffins etc. I enjoy playing Magic the Gathering Trading Cards with my cousins as well, I know this is what I always want to do.

The head of Charvin is complicated, there are many pieces. I spend many hours to draw the design and I am surprised with the first attempt, I could achieve exactly what I want :) This dragon maybe looks like a dinosaur, do you think so? I would love to hear your feedbacks on him, should I make more critters like this?

When I am making Charvin, my childhood memories starts to invoke. Cartoon characters such as Agumon from Digimon and Charlizard from Pokemon starts to form in my mind and infused into this piece. This is the beauty of this art, it's kinda hard to explain, but these little things stays in your heart and excites you.

Charvin has wired armature on his spine, tail, wings and arms too, you can curl him up like a ball!

I hope you enjoy viewing his pictures and have a great weekend! =)





Charvin has now been adopted...Thanks

5 comments:

  1. I love your little dragon child, he looks too cute to be a mean fire breathing dragon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. He is so cute Wayne. His face is really sweet, not mean, like Wendy said. I love the wings too, they do add so much.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much Wendy and Joanne for the compliments :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow he is so stinking cute. Love his face. One day I will learn how to do the eyes like that. Great work. It inspires me to finish my dragon that I started for my son a while ago.
    mwah
    Trace

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrates Wayne Woow I am impressed fantastic work Wayne and a quick sale.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for writing me a comment! Have a great day! =)